One Month One Palette - 'Spring Time in Paris' by Jouer

Sunday 1 April 2018
@salted_fish_roll on IG posted about #onemonthonepalette, the idea that you use one eye shadow palette for a whole month to get to know it, work different looks with it, and try to make use of your palette collection. I'm down with doing that! Coincidentally it's the 1st of April today (and also Easter Sunday... so happy Easter!) so I shall begin today. It's also my birthday month this month! Now, what palette to use? I'd love to use my BH cosmetics Wild and Alluring palette because it's colourful and super fun looking but the whole thing is baked shimmers. Unless I wear full on glitter for a month, and it IS my birthday month so I could probably get away with it!

Zoeva Cocoa Blend is always a winner but I feel like I know it pretty well these days. Colourpop's My Little Pony palette is beautiful but I think requires more skill to use everyday for a month than I possess. In saying that though, after a month I'd probably have nailed that. Still, the colours don't lend themselves to easy 'I have two kids and sometimes cant spend time on my eye shadow looks and I'd like to have a selection of neutrals to play with on those days.

I finally settled on my Jouer Springtime in Paris.

As you can see I have used it a little before, and I do have thoughts on it based on those times. From what I've learnt, this formula is fairly powdery and has a lot of kickback when you swirl a brush in a pan. The foils require a little work to build up (that shade of blue is notorious for being tricky to work with in most palettes), and I have had trouble with the colour fading throughout the day. The challenge will be using primer and/or concealer, wetting my brush with setting spray for the foils or using them for a cut crease, and being precise with the darker shades as some of them don't blend as nicely as they could do. Geez, maybe I should just use the My Little Pony palette!
But I'll make it work!
Now for some photos and some swatchy-swatches. I can't include both finger and brush swatches because my progeny and my shitfully messy house require my attention, and also I can't be bothered waiting until I have time to do both. It's possible I overstretch myself in my responsibilities and commitments, just a little bit.
But anyway, here we go...





I'm not really sure yet how I want to document each look made with this palette. I feel like posting it every time I use this palette to Instagram would be a bit boring, so I might just snap a photo of each look I create with this and create a collage to post at the end of the month. How about that?

So there we have it! Actually I'm feeling cool as a cucumber about using one eye shadow palette all month. It's going to make the decision making process a shitload quicker! I nearly have a full face worth of #projectpan products I'm working through. I'm hoping I'll have made progress through that damn never ending concealer by May!!

No comments:

Post a Comment