CoverGirl's Queen Latifah Lip Colours

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Today's irrelevant quote is...
"Fuckeroni and Cheese!" - Markiplier Game, Youtube 


Rightio, so hello blogosphere and the mysterious people of the internet! Today I'm going to put on the lip colours I have from the Cover Girl 'Queen' collection and include them in a post. Why? So I have them here for future reference and for anyone else who gives a damn how they look. That's what this beauty blog thing is about, isn't it?

Now I wasn't entirely sure if it was a THE Queen collection or a Freddy Mercury Queen collection but the colours and packaging was pretty and it was on sale. Therefore I bought them. Google tells me they belong to neither of those things and were actually created by Queen Latifah! Theres's more information on that {HERE}. She created a whole collection of makeup to suit (a variety of) darker skin tones which I think is fucking fantastic! As opposed to two shades of brown named after some food item amidst 50 shades of white like most other brands do, who in turn are shitty at inclusiveness.

The colours I have in the lipsticks are -
0445 'Girly Pink'
0440 'Penelope Pink'
0515 'Paint The Town'
What do they smell like? Like lipstick. And they taste like lipstick. Lipstick flavoured.

and the gloss shades I have are -
Q640 'Plum Berry'
Q700 'Spiced Latte'
Q630 'Flame'
What do they smell like? Chai latte! And they taste like nothing. Nothing flavoured! Which I'm completely fine with.

Annnnd here's what they look like on my face. Prepare for a lot of photos of my face...well, lips anyway. I is not bootiful person, I is normal everyday hooman bean who likes ze makeups. Therefore there will be imperfections, crooked teeth, and facial fuzz. And probably nose hair because that shit hurts to pull out.

I found these lipsticks very soft and smooth to apply and comfy on the lips. This particular shade has gold shimmer in it and I really like it!

A more pastel pink shade which usually doesn't work on me, but this colour is just beautiful and totally wearable on me.

A really lovely soft warm red, best worn with a lip liner. I'm not wearing one here and you can see a little bit of feathering around the edges. 




I'm actually excited to try each of these glosses over top of the lipsticks and see how that looks, I didn't get a chance to do that today.

And yeah, that's about it! As I don't really know what else to say I'm going to go and entertain my smallest spawn so he stops jumping on my back while I'm trying to type xx

No comments:

Post a Comment